On Day 5 of Creation week, the earth is ready for the first of God’s guests, each with a very specific task to do on God’s amazing planet. God once again SPEAKS and a massive variety of sea and flying creatures come into being. God didn’t need time to do this. He just needed incredible, a-mazing talent! In this post you will find FREE colouring pages, puzzles, posters, crafts, stationery and creative ideas for kids…
MORE IN THIS SERIES
Creation Day 5 ~ Fish swim, Birds fly ~ Whales, dolphins, eels, pleiosaurs (water dinosaurs), salmon, sword fish, sea horses, lobster, barramundi, jellyfish, coral reefs; peacocks, parrots, pelicans, eagles, kingfishers, woodpeckers, hummingbirds, ducks, pterosaurs (flying dinosaurs); butterflies, bees, dragonflies and flying insects… can you imagine the pure joy of these little critters exploring their paradise for the very first time?! Butterflies and birds start exploring and stretching their new wings; the ocean is teeming with new life; and they each have a special role, abilities and area of patrol.
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. Genesis 1:20-23
But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach you; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell you; or speak to the earth, and it shall teach you; and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto you. Who knows not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:7-10
Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. Psalm 33:8
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20
- God told us in Genesis 1:12 on day 3 of creation week that He created living things, “…whose seed was in itself, after his kind.” …whose seed is in itself! Isn’t God amazingly clever?! This solves the famous ‘chicken and the egg’ dilemma; without the chicken there is no egg!
- And here in Genesis 1 verse 20, God reminds us of this, that all creatures are also made after his kind (family). Is this what we see today? Yes! Whales have baby whales. Dolphins have baby dolphins. Sea horses have baby sea horses. Goldfish have baby goldfish. Peacocks have baby peacocks. Parrots have baby parrots. And chickens have baby chickens. We see plenty of variation within kinds (think: finches), but NOT EVER do we observe one kind changing into another kind. Nor is there any scientific evidence for it.
- When we see a building we know there is a builder; when we see a painting, we know there was an artist. And when we see creation, it demands a Creator. Creation is speaking to all those who will listen.
CREATION DAY 5 ~ INFORMATION ~ FREE PRINTABLE FOR KIDS
Day 5 – Fish swim; birds fly (creation.com) Biblical perspective article for kids; free printable; On the 5th day of Creation Week, the earth was ready to support animal life. God had made water, soil, air, and plants and fruits for food. He had also created the sun to give light and warmth. Now God created Earth’s first inhabitants—the animals that live in the sea and those that fly in the air. Once again He simply commanded them all to come into being, and they did!… The Bible tells us that God made each one of these animals ‘after its kind’… God simply gave the order that there should be living creatures in the sea and in the air, and they came into being. God’s powerful Word was fulfilled exactly the way He said.
Creation – Seven Cs of Gospel history – article for kids (creation.com) fun and free printable; By Day 5 God had made the earth ready to support life. So next, God commanded the seas to teem with fish, along with all the other animals that live in the water. These included large ones like whales and plesiosaurs, and small ones like krill and zooplankton. God also created the flying creatures—birds, bats, bees and pterosaurs—on this day. Genesis chapter 1 says that God created every fish and every bird “according to its kind”, and He commanded them all to “be fruitful and multiply”. This means that each was to make baby animals just like itself. Not one of them evolved from anything else, and not one of them has ever evolved into anything else.
- The Bible states that God created life according to kinds (Genesis 1:24). This agrees with what scientists observe – namely that there are horizontal genetic boundaries beyond which life cannot vary. Life produces after its own kind. Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, roses produce roses. Never have we witnessed one kind changing into another kind [nor is there any scientific evidence for it!]
- Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.
- Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before science understood its function.
- Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs. Evolution has no solution for this dilemma.
- Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together.
- The earth was designed for biological life (Isaiah 45:18). Scientists have discovered that the most fundamental characteristics of our earth and cosmos are so finely tuned that if just one of them were even slightly different, life as we know it couldn’t exist. This is called the Anthropic Principle and it agrees with the Bible which states that God formed the earth to be inhabited.
- Law of Biogenesis explained (Genesis 1). Scientists observe that life only comes from existing life. This law has never been violated under observation or experimentation. Therefore life, God’s life, created all life.
- Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear, yet never feels conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. Where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God’s image.
Created KINDS (Answers in Genesis) quick snippet for kids to include in your letter; God made each family (kind) totally different from any other family—and one family can’t change into another family. God designed things that way… You are in a family, too…
Genesis 1 Bible commentaries for older children include a snippet in your letter or print off a whole article; tons of wonderful information here (both audio and text) and of course, my favourite is Dr Chuck Missler :)
Made to fly (Answers in Genesis) fun information for kids
More creation articles for kids; free printable
Day 5 – God made lots of variety (Answers in Genesis) quick facts about dragonflies; vertebrates/invertebrates; the sea is a fascinating world of wonder and colour. Even in the dark depths of the sea some very strange and wonderful creatures have made their home.
Days of creation – articles (Answers in Genesis) share a snippet with your child
Earth was created for life (icr.org) Location! Location! Location! Our solar system is filled with amazing planets, but none are perfect for life except the earth; print off one of these free articles or share a snippet of these amazing facts with your child.
Answers for Kids – Teacher’s Resource Page (Answers in Genesis) answers to tons of tricky questions; share a snippet or print off a whole article for your sponsored child; free printable
Genesis 1 teaching notes for kids The evidence of creation is all around us; no matter how much propaganda we are subjected to, we all know there is a huge difference between random chance and intelligence
CREATION DAY 5 ~ COLOURING PAGES ~ FREE PRINTABLES FOR KIDS
Day 5 – And God said, ‘Let there be’ – Scripture Doodle Bible colouring / drawing page for kids from Genesis 1:1-5 by Paper Gifts for Estefany; fill your page by drawing as many sea creatures and flying creatures that you can think of; free printable
Day 5 birds and fish colouring filled with a variety of sea and flying creatures; with Bible verse from Genesis 1:1; free printable
Day 5 – sea creatures colouring strip would also make a great bookmark to colour; free printable
Day 5 – Flamingos in the Garden of Eden – colouring free printable
Day 5 – colouring with only one bird so there is plenty of room to add your own doodles and Bible verse from Genesis 1:25; free printable
Day 5 – colouring (scroll down) for younger children
Jazz up your colouring pages combine colouring pages, add a border and a Bible verse with this easy tutorial
CREATION DAY 5 ~ PUZZLES ~ FREE PRINTABLES FOR KIDS
Days of Creation Scripture Journal free printable; fun and easy worksheet to fill in; with room to draw a picture and write your own thoughts for each day of creation (one page per day); in colour or to colour
Ponder, pray and play – worksheet (pdf) Bible memory verses; draw a picture prompt – of your favourite flying animal or sea animal; free printable
Design Your Own Puzzle Feeling creative? Choose from several puzzle styles and use words your child will know to create a personal puzzle just for them… wherever your creativity leads you.
Fish and birds are engineering marvels, compelling evidence alone for an incredible Creator. Different species of sea creatures have been designed to live within specific ocean depths. And just think about all the controls inside an airplane needed to fly. All of that is packed inside a tiny bird. Visually stunning and presented by PhD scientists full of awe as they explore our Creator’s handiwork and what it reveals about His character, power, wisdom, majesty and care. The whole documentary is fabulous, but in this short segment, they discuss fish, birds and butterflies. I just love the hummingbirds – too cute! :)
CREATION DAY 5 ~ CRAFT / ACTIVITIES ~ FREE PRINTABLES FOR KIDS
Ocean – free printables heaps of items for younger children; your little girl will love this adorable under the girly sea theme (even bigger girls might like some stationery with these cute graphics on them); free printable;
Sea creatures coral reef fish, jellyfish, starfish, seahorse, crab, octopus, sharks, whales, sea turtles, and dolphins to color or use for crafts; free printable
Day 5 – birds and fish – cute ideas for younger children (for purchase)
Day 5 – crafts and creative ideas (Danielle’s Place) adapt for paper only and post flat for your sponsored child
Day 5 – fish tissue paper collage and handprint birds to decorate your Bible verse traceover for younger children
Days of Creation – very simple craft cut out and glue shapes on paper, using one page for each day of Creation and then assembling it into a booklet with a cover page using an outline of their hand; great for younger children
Day 5 – crafts and creative ideas (scroll down) for younger children
Day 5 – bird and fish easy craft adapt for paper only and post flat for your sponsored child
Coral Reef diorama Learn all about coral reefs and oceans in this fun, free printable activity – coral reef fishes, jellyfish, starfish, seahorse, crab, octopus, sharks, whales, sea turtles, and dolphins to colour; post a sheet of templates and instructions to your sponsored child
Make an Ocean Diorama – craft for kids post some craft supplies and instructions to your sponsored child
CREATION DAY 5 ~ POSTERS / VERSE CARDS / OTHER ~ FREE PRINTABLES FOR KIDS
Day 5 – Scripture doodle poster (A4) or verse card (4×6) by Paper Gifts for Estefany (I loved how this turned out… isn’t it gorgeous?!); free printable
Day 5 creation poster or verse card featuring Nemo and butterflies; free printable
Wonderful world of whales – beautiful poster Biblical perspective; free printable
nextmanga.com (for purchase) The story of the universe in manga form. A comic book Bible series that keeps kids/teens (and adults!) riveted. Book 1 (Mutiny) tells the story starting from creation in Genesis 1 and up to time of the Exodus from Egypt (somewhere around Exodus 15). And I love how they have added a few extra frames of background history to give a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the true villain of history. The top angel (a created being like us) rebels against the Creator; is kicked out of Heaven; becomes God’s arch enemy; and arrives on earth to create mischief, mayhem and havoc with (as he sneers) ‘God’s favoured ones’ – humans. To rob, kill and destroy. Buy and send a few pages at a time. It’s also an excellent gift idea for a sponsor visit. My kids loved these. Monica told us that it was her favourite book. :)
DAYS OF CREATION ~ MORE CREATIVE IDEAS FOR KIDS
Found a suitable image that you just know that your child will love? Add a Bible verse about creation and make your own:
Bible Poster or Verse Card
Bible Bookmark ~ add your child’s name
Bible Note Cards / Bible Notepaper ~ use the same tutorial, but just space out your initial four rectangles.
Bible Wallet Cards
Stationery with Bible verse
Bible Creation Board Game
Bible Creation Puzzle specifically suited to your child. Choose from several puzzle styles and use words your child will know to create a personal puzzle just for them… wherever your creativity leads you.
Don’t forget to jazz up your envelopes if you are including any special treats like stickers (e.g. birds, butterflies, ladybugs, fish) for Sunday school or homeschool. Sticker sheets are fine for your sponsored child.
And when you write to your sponsored child, don’t forget to them about our awesome Creator and the love He has for them and the special plan that He has for their life, that only they can do…
Timeline of history We’ve got the big picture of history straight from the Creator; let’s share it with our kids.
If you like my work, please tell others; tell me and ‘like’ this page. Your kind comments encourage me and make my day! :)
Come and say Hi to Paper Gifts for Estefany on…
Follow me to collect your FREE BONUS GIFTS. What will they be? Click here to find out. And collect your additional FREE BONUS GIFTS when you follow me on Facebook (click on ‘Secret Treasure’ on the left hand side in the apps section).