Don’t like Halloween… but don’t know how to respond? Do you turn the lights off and pretend you’re not home…? Or give lollies and then feel guilty…? Check out some of these great alternatives…
- Dress your children as angels who knock on doors and GIVE something: a Love + Peace card, a card with a small Bible verse and a heart chocolate.
- Start a harvest festival or a light of the world festival in your neighbourhood.
- Do something fun with your family.
- Go for a picnic at the park or the beach and enjoy the time with your family.
- Watch a family movie together and enjoy your own treats.
STAYING IN ~ SHARE MORE THAN CANDY… SHARE THE LOVE OF JESUS!
- When kids knock on your door, give them a Love + Peace card, a card with a Bible verse (see the next item for suggestions) and/or a heart chocolate.
- Hand out a FREE Bible verse card | FREE Bible colouring page | FREE Bible bookmark or a FREE Bible wallet card; all free printable./
- Share stickers with a Gospel message (Happy Home Fairy), Halloween candy that is good for you. Your sponsored child will also enjoy these stickers; free printable.
- Or one of these booklets (scroll down) from Ray Comfort and the Living Waters team; free printable
- Share a FREE armour of God colouring page, puzzle, craft, or bookmark, etc
- Treat & Tract ~ Halloween ideas for your Family from Answers In Genesis. Dress your own kids or decorate your doorstep or classroom (pdf) with a fun armour of God theme. Your child will love their FREE armour of God poster (here’s another one for small cost), or FREE armour of God colouring pages (scroll down), creature cards (for purchase), mini-magazine for kids (for small cost), stickers (for purchase), bookmarks (for purchase), booklets, etc. Grab enough so you can also give a Treat and a Tract for any kids that come to your door for Halloween. While you are there, you may like to check out the rest of their clearance section; kid’s section (lots of great free printable ideas); online resources and fabulous VBS ideas. They also have some free printable sample pages of their Sunday School Curriculum for kids. They are fun and colourful; have colouring pages; puzzles; fill-in-the-blanks; and memory verses. Other pages are for purchase. They cater for all ages (preschool to adults). Answers in Genesis (AIG) is an apologetics ministry in the USA which concentrates on reinforcing the authority of Scripture. They are also the ministry team behind the award winning Creation Museum and Ark Encounter tourist theme parks.
- Share more than candy… Share the love of Jesus see how this family does it which makes an fun impact on their community.
WARNING: HALLOWEEN: INVITATION TO THE OCCULT?
by Dr. Chuck Missler
“The celebration of the pagan festival of Halloween is now a multi-billion dollar merchandiser’s market. Fifty percent of Americans will decorate for Halloween (compared to over 80% for Christmas). It is now the third most popular party activity, after the Superbowl and New Year’s Eve. This is always a difficult time for Christians, especially those with children. It is also a dangerous time for some, since many of the seemingly “harmless” involvements associated with Halloween can also be “entries” for the occult, and can prove very tragic for the unwary. There is only one true God (Isa 44:6, 8: 46:9). Thus, only one true religion. Scripture declares “all gods of the nations are idols” (Ps 96:5). All false religion and idolatry is by definition involved in demon worship — whether or not the participants recognize it (Acts 26:18). Hence Paul’s concern. The spiritual power and reality behind idols involves demons (I Cor 10:20, Ps 106:37). The Bible tells us to shun occultic practices. This series will help you understand the Pagan background to the modern Halloween traditions practiced today.”
Reader’s comment: After listening to your study on halloween, and being a former pagan high priestess of 10 yrs, then coming to know Christ in 1999, I have to say that the study was very accurate! Please do all you can to keep warning others about this dangerous time of the year. — From a web friend
RELATED LINKS FOR YOUR FAMILY
- Armour of God ~ colouring pages, puzzles, crafts and creative ideas for kids
- The great pumpkin debate from Focus on the Family
- More Halloween alternatives
- Children’s Ministry Halloween alternatives
- Halloween resources
Please note: As our Compassion children often come from areas which practise black magic, halloween items are not endorsed by (me or) Compassion International. An Armour of God theme would be a fabulous and fun alternative for our children.
Come say Hi to Paper Gifts for Estefany on…
Follow me to collect YOUR FREE BONUS GIFTS. What will they be? Click here to find out. And collect your additional FREE BONUS GIFT when you follow me on Facebook (click on the secret treasure app in the apps section).
If you like my work, please tell others and ‘like’ this page. Your kind comments encourage me and make my day! :)