Yay!!! Ummmm… what’s a Liebster Award?!
Well, let’s break it down (thanks Google)… The Liebster Blog Award is to encourage mainly new blogs with under 200 followers. It’s a fun way to meet new blogs and share the love. Liebster in German means “beloved”. A blog nominated for this award is said to be “worth watching”. For small scale blogs on the brink of wide scale recognition…. ahhh… yup, that’s definitely me… sure! :)
Thank you so much to lessonsbyheart.wordpress.com for this wonderful surprise and encouragement. It made my day. Love your tag line: Learned at the feet of Jesus, shared with you. No one in a suit is going to appear with a sealed envelope, nor will I be accepting a trophy or giving a speech, but I do have this cute little badge to show off!
And now it’s my turn to pass it on.
It wouldn’t be an award without a set of rules.
- If you are nominated for the award, accept it! Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them. (done)
- List 11 random facts about yourself. (check)
- Answer their 11 questions. (yep)
- Make up 11 random questions for your nominees (check) *feel free to use the same questions or create your own*
- Nominate/present a Liebster Blog Award to 11 more bloggers. (done and overdone!)
- Display the Liebster Award logo on your site.
- No tag backs.
Random facts about me…
1. Passionate about Jesus Christ. In fact, I’d rather talk more about Him than me, ok?
2. Jesus = God. (His name is Yahweh). I can’t believe it took me so many years to figure that out. I guess it was so obvious that no one bothered to mention it. :?
3. Jesus = The Creator… the one who made the trees, butterflies and planets… and me! That is why He had the power over nature that He had; was able to do the miracles He did; and rise from death! He was the creator! No wonder He could do that stuff! NO other religious leader in history has EVER been able to demonstrate any power over nature!
4. Jesus = My Creator. Did you know that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all take credit for Creation? Three in One – God! Just like the perfect corporation! All working together for the one goal.
5. Jesus = Yeshua = The Messiah… the promised one who came to earth – fully God and fully human – to die for me – and pay for my sin – so that I could live forever – with Him. Woah! (Imagine trying to fit the God who made the universe into a human body! The mind boggles!) All I had to do was accept it – like a gift! It’s an incredible offer which is open to everyone on the planet.
6. Passionate about living for Him and designing for Him. And for His kids. Both big and small. Whoever they are. The gift comes from Him. What are you good at?…………… (fill in the blank)? All of our gifts come from Him. It’s just there. Or not. Some days I design… some days I couldn’t design a serviette! :)
7. Passionate about God’s magnificent creation. The beauty. The colour. Creation is unnecessarily beautiful. I am constantly stopping to admire one of our Creator’s exquisite designs. Anything, everything… it might be a butterfly… a flower… a colour… a shape… a dragonfly…. a bird… some kind of animal. Their gentle eyes. Their sense of fun and mischief. I love all things beautiful. I get so much inspiration from His designs. The way the late afternoon sunlight reflects through the trees. God’s sparkling jewels against the black velvet night sky. The blueness of the sky during the day. Feeling the warmth of the sun. Or a gentle breeze. A waterfall. The sweep of a mountain. Or a beach. Living on earth is like living in a wondrous – and living – art gallery. (Hang on a bit, too many ‘livings’ in that one). So many things to explore. His magnificent art gallery. And one of His greatest gifts to us is a sense of wonder to enjoy it all.
8. If I could have a dinner party and invite anyone from the pages of history, I would choose three… Jesus Christ Wow! Imagine having the Creator over for dinner! Hang on a minute… I do! He’s there every night! But imagine an intimate dinner party with just Him as guest… one on one…
9. Ok, for the second night, I would also invite Daniel, my favourite Bible hero. No compromise, dearly beloved of God, warmth, caring and integrity all wrapped up in one. Did you know that it was probably Daniel who cared for King Nebby during his years of exile? And for my final dinner guest: my beloved mentor who taught me so much (now safe with Jesus, but still so precious, so very much loved and missed. My heart feels such warmth, sweet longing and a few tears just thinking about seeing her again one day! Can’t wait!)
10. I am a great sinner who keeps saying, “Yes, Lord.” He is an even greater Saviour.
Did I tell you that I’m passionate about Jesus?
Do you know Him?
11. And finally. Chocolate… need I say more?!
My 11 questions from lessonsbyheart.wordpress.com:
1. If it’s pink, shiny – elegant – and sparkly, I’m a goner. Or apricot, mauve, pastel, pretty or bright…hmmm… colour is one of God’s most precious gifts. Creation did not have to be so beautiful to be functional! We have an extravagant Creator!
2. I have 14 incredibly wonderful Compassion children. It is such a privilege to be part of their lives.
3. My favorite part of the day is just before sunset ~ walking around a lake or along the beach.
4. My dream as a kid… mmmm… not sure if I ever had one. I used to joke that I wanted to be a brain surgeon – so no, I guess I’m not living out my dream – would have made a lousy brain surgeon! :) I always just wanted to love the Lord with all my heart and follow Him wherever He led me.
5. My most valued possession? You mean, if my home burnt down, what would I grab?…That’s a tough one. My Bible and computer back-ups for sure (too many years of hard work!)… mmm not sure what else. I’ll have to think about that one.
6. My favorite book is definitely the Bible. I went away for one night last year and as I was packing, I thought, only one night? Nah, I won’t need it. So didn’t take it. Then I got sick and desperately needed God’s comfort. I was devastated. Had no idea I would feel that way and had to rely on my memory bank (eeek!) I learnt my lesson. That’s the first thing that goes in now. The more I learn, the more I am in awe of God’s Word. His intricate design in the text and also His hidden digital signature authenticating the text fascinates me (thanks Dr Chuck Missler). The Bible – God’s Word – is the ultimate jigsaw puzzle. The Creator encoded and entrusted pieces of this encrypted puzzle to 40 different authors over at least 1500 years! And they all agree!!! Imagine trying to get four different people from this century to agree! His Word is truly another of God’s magnificent designs and as carefully crafted and put together as the rest of His creation. Why am I surprised?
7. I started blogging to tell the world about Jesus; His magnificent creation; and to share some of the designs I make for my Compassion kids. A bonus is meeting some wonderful people along the way.
8. Favorite activity? I love to create things. If I’m not designing, you will find me doing something else crafty or creative. Or learning from the Master Designer Himself – by observing and enjoying one of His beautiful designs.
9. Favorite Bible verse? How do you choose a favourite? I typed out some of my favourite Bible verses once. It took me a whole week! And I still keep finding more!
10. My life has basically been divided up into 4… towns and homes – plus an old bus for 12 months to see the world. Well, that was the plan. It broke down as much as it travelled! It was constantly under threat of being put on the back of a truck and sent home!
11. Where would I live if I could move anywhere in the world? Switzerland! Apart from that, I’m pretty happy where I am…
My 11 Questions for you:
1. Describe yourself in 8 words or less.
2. If you were having a dinner party and could invite anyone you like from the pages of history, who would they be and why?
3. Favorite activity?
4. Who has had the most impact on your life and why?
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
6. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
7. What would you do with a million dollars?
8. Your favorite memory?
9. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
10. Who is the most important person in your life?
11. And most important of all, how would you finish this sentence? Jesus is….. (what)?
I wanted to share my award mostly with other Compassion bloggers. Because they write about issues that really matter, sometimes they struggle to get heard. Compassion sponsors are wonderful people! They shower love and the equivalent of a couple of cups of coffee each week on children they have never seen; adopting them into their families and their hearts. And research has proven Compassion works! It DOES ACTUALLY RELEASE CHILDREN FROM EXTREME POVERTY! So please go encourage and bless their sox-es off! My nominees, in no particular order, are… drum roll, please…
Oops, I think I busted my quota…! But I wanted to encourage them all and it was too hard to choose. And I would also like to thank (maybe there was a speech after all!) these wonderful bloggers at WordPress who have quietly blessed and encouraged me in my own blogging. It’s been a steep learning curve. They’ve been there when I was still tearing my hair out! Please go and say hi to them and check out their wonderful sites:
cvheerden.wordpress.com (check out the wild adventures of living and ministering in Africa)
memoriesofsalvation.wordpress.com (since closed)
All of you are also eligible for the – NO STRINGS ATTACHED FOR MY DEAR FELLOW BLOGGERS AWARD – which can be collected from here. Congratulations to everyone! Let’s go party!!