Many sponsored families may not be able to afford photos of their own. One of our girls always spent part of her precious gift money which we sent to her, to buy us a photo! So sweet. Compassion takes updated photos of all the children every couple of years to send to their sponsors. For this reason, many sponsors like to play with the photo and send it back to their child. Here are a couple of different options for doing this:
- Play with the photo yourself in a photo editing program (like Photoshop, MS Publisher, Open Office Draw, etc). This DIY tutorial will show you how to turn your favourite photo into a poster or postcard.
- Put the photo behind a free printable photo frame (like this smarties frame).
- Upload your photo into a specialised photo editing site online; click a few buttons and press ‘go’.
For those who prefer the last option, here are some great photo editing sites online – in no particular order – that other sponsors have found helpful, plus some other sites that looked interesting. Some are for free; others are for purchase. Many scenarios will not be appropriate for our kids, but happy exploring through all the various options. Let me know which sites you enjoyed the most. Have fun!
PHOTO EDITING SITES
- picfont claims that you will be able to insert text onto a picture, canvas or shape in 10 seconds. Now that sounds like an irresistible offer!
- fotoflexer add fonts, shapes, effects, doodles and more; available in various languages
- anymaking create a reflection, cartoon, vintage photo, wanted photo, puzzle, painting, pencil drawing; artwork from photos.
- photofunia sponsors advise that this site uses ‘face detection technology’ which needs well-lit faces. Images stay in front of you which is helpful if you’re trying to do a few photos at once.
- ipiccy auto adjust photos in one click, crop, rotate and resize; 100+ photo effects and enhancements, facial retouching and frames
- photovisi free photo collage maker
- tuxpi Change colors, create montages and add text; crop, rotate and resize pictures with ease; edit photos with different effects; add frames and borders.
- freeonlinephotoeditor quickly edit or enhance your photo in your browser, for free; resize, sharpen, rotate, use filters and effects to enhance your photo; red eye removal, sepia, enhance, sharpen and polaroid effect. Then download your photo or save it online
- loonapix another site recommended by sponsors; easy to scale pictures and move them around in the frame; see as you are creating it. Photo effects, photo frames; face effects; trim photos; make funny photos by putting a face into various templates.
- shutterfly was highly recommended by other sponsors who have used this site and said they have excellent quality, and free offers.
- snapfish make cards, calendars, collage, gift certificates, photo books, posters, stationery; for purchase
- imagechef lots of fun; you can also create poetry and word mosaics
- funny.pho.to creative photo frames, effects and filters
- funphotobox Select your effect, upload your photo, then save
- picmonkey online photo editor by ex Picnik staffers. So for all those Picnik fans out there, you can do collages, touch up, fonts, effects, filters, frames, stickers and more.
- picjoke has some fun special effects, which allows you to create multiple interesting effects from normal photos; available in various languages
- pizap edit photos, make a collage, add a photo to a background; really easy to use.
- jigzone Make your photos into an (online only) jigsaw puzzle to share with family and friends. This might be a novel way for sponsors, bloggers or advocates to use your sponsored child’s photos and talk to others about sponsoring a child.
Turn your child’s photo, family photos or favourite photos into a…
- national gallery painting
- painting on the wall
- newspaper front page
- photo frame
- book / book
- magazine cover
- postcard from Paris
- stained glass
- personalized money / personalized money Make your child the king or queen of their country and put their face into a dollar bill; many different countries to choose from.
- vintage photo
- school yearbook – in colour / black and white
FREE photo frames free printable
Collect your FREE BONUS GIFTS when you sign up to follow me. What will they be? Click here to find out. If you like my work, please tell others and ‘like’ this page. Your kind comments make my day! You can also follow Paper Gifts for Estefany on…