We receive updated photos of all our sponsored children every couple of years. Many sponsored families may not be able to afford photos of their own. One of our girls always spent part of her precious gift money which we sent to her, to buy us a photo! So sweet. For this reason, many sponsors like to play with their photos and send them back to their child. Here are a couple of different options for doing this:
- DIY PHOTO EDITING: This DIY tutorial will show you how to turn your favourite photo into a poster or postcard using a photo editing program like Photoshop, Gimp, or MS Publisher, etc. Below the tutorial, it also has links to some free poster making sites online.
- PHOTO FRAME: Put your favourite photo into a free printable photo frame, like this smarties frame.
- COLOURING PAGE: Turn your child’s photo into a colouring page.
- ONLINE PHOTO EDITING: Upload your favourite photo into a specialised poster or photo editing site online, click a few buttons and press ‘go’.
For those who prefer the last option, here are some great poster and photo editing sites online–in no particular order–that other sponsors have found helpful, plus some other sites that looked interesting. Some are for free; others are for purchase. Many scenarios will not be appropriate for children, so please use your own discretion, and happy exploring through the various options. Let me know which sites you enjoyed the most. Have fun!
DIY PHOTO EDITING SITES ONLINE
- loonapix a site recommended by other sponsors; with easy to scale pictures and you can move them around in beautiful scrapbooking frames and see it as you are creating it. Photo effects, photo frames; face effects; trim photos; make funny photos by putting a face into various templates.
- photofuneditor add your photo into readymade photo frames, scrapbooking pages, collage frames, add artistic photo filters; available in many languages; free printable
- anymaking create a reflection, cartoon, collage, painting, wanted poster, puzzle, pencil drawing, engraving effect, vintage photo, and artwork from your photos. Select a funny photo editing tool, upload your picture and that’s it.
- tuxpi Change colors, create montages and add text; crop, rotate and resize pictures; edit photos with different effects; add frames and borders.
- lunapic crop, edit, draw, add text, borders, add professional filters and effects with one click; then download to your computer as a high quality image
- photofunia quick and professional picture effects. Add your child’s face to a motorbike, skydiver, knight with sword, newspaper, billboard, book, magazine, poster, painting in an art gallery, artist easel, greeting card peeking out of an envelope, coin, $100 dollar bill, postage stamp, postcard, hockey player, astronaut, and more. Sponsors advise that this site uses ‘face detection technology’ which needs well-lit faces, and the images stay in front of you which is helpful if you’re trying to do a few photos at once. Available in various languages.
- editor.pho.to upload your photo, crop, add text, stickers, effects, frames, textures; then download
- ipiccy auto-adjust your photos in one click, crop, rotate and resize; 100+ photo effects and professional enhancements, facial retouching and frames, or make a collage.
- photovisi photo editing; free photo collage maker – choose a design, add your photo/s, add shapes, text.
- befunky edit your photo, create a collage, create a design; remove backgrounds, crop, resize, enhance; turn your photos into art, sketches or cartoons
- photomania make your photos beautiful and expressive with a single click – add filters, sketch, painting, watercolour, textures. Downloads as a small image.
- funny.pho.to creative readymade photo frames, collages, effects and filters; crop, rotate, resize, edit, add your own text; lots of different categories to choose from; photo montage, drawing, sketches, paintings, background effects, magazine covers, colouring and lighting filters.
- photoeditor edit or enhance your photo in your browser for free; resize, sharpen, blur, rotate, use filters and effects; red eye removal, sepia, enhance, sharpen and polaroid effect. Then download your photo or save it online.
- photocollage create your own photo collage, with full control of your design
- glitterphoto add glitters, text and several effects to your photos, all online and for free. After uploading, you can resize or crop your photo and add several effects and glitters to your photos. Add frames, animations, bubbles, glitter images, stamps, text and glitter text, trims and backgrounds to your photos.
- photofilters you can apply many filters and effects to your own photos and images online and for free. Apply basic image editing operations and effects: Crop, Resize, Exposure, Blur, Sharpen, Red eye removal, RGB curves, filters and Photo Masks. Or apply photo effects like: Oil Paint, Pixelate, Vignette, Bokeh, Pointillism, Tilt Shift, Pixelation, Smear and Ripples. Most operations can be applied to the whole image or a part of the photo. After editing you can download your photo or save it online.
- photoresizer resize and crop your photos
- scrapcoloring change your photo into a colouring page
- picfont resize, crop, edit, add text, clip art, filters, change background to your photos
- remove.bg remove the background from your photo with one click
- pixlr this site appears to be like an online photoshop style program where you can edit photos and create designs in your browser, phone or desktop for free. Start from an empty canvas, a photo, a video or select a professionally crafted template.
- trace instantly remove the background from your photo, then add a new background image or colour of your choice with one click of a button. The image can then be moved, scaled, rotated or cropped. You can also add another image to your image (e.g. adding your sponsored child into your family photo). You need to sign up, but it looks as though that part is free. And then you can also print your image onto stickers, labels, coasters, wall graphics, etc (for purchase).
- photofunmaker Put your child’s photo into a beautiful photo frame, collage or scrapbooking frame, which is then posted to you (for purchase).
- picmonkey online photo editor, you can do collages, touch up, fonts, effects, filters, frames, stickers and more; (free trial, and it looks as though you have to sign up)
- shutterfly was highly recommended by other sponsors who have used this site and said they received excellent quality, and free offers. Create photo books, prints, wall art, and more (for purchase).
- snapfish make cards, calendars, collage, gift certificates, photo books, posters, stationery (for purchase)
- jigzone Make your photos into an (online only) jigsaw puzzle to share with family and friends. This might be a novel way for sponsors, bloggers or advocates to use your sponsored child’s photos and talk to others about sponsoring a child.
From the above sites, here are some direct links so that you can turn your child’s photo, family photos, or favourite photos into a…
- magazine cover
- message in a bottle
- knight | knight – perfect to go with an Armour of God theme!
- secret agent | secret agent | secret agent
- goal keeper – and check out this sports theme for items to go with it.
- colouring page | colouring page
- poster | postcard
- scrapbook page
- photo collage
- art gallery painting
- front page newspaper
- photo frame
- motivational poster | motivational poster
- jigsaw puzzle | jigsaw puzzle
- book cover
- artist easel
- king or queen with a crown – perfect to go with a Prince | Princess | Esther theme.
- personalized money | personalized money | personalized money | personalized money make your child the king or queen of their country and put their face into a dollar bill; many different countries to choose from.
- big screen
- breaking news | breaking news
- film strip | film strip | film strip
- postage stamp | vintage postage stamp
- stained glass window
- photo wall
- coffee mug | coffee mug add your photo to one cup and your child’s photo to the other!
- pop art collage multicoloured
- wanted poster
- vintage style photo
- school yearbook | school yearbook collage designs in colour, or black and white.
Collect your FREE BONUS GIFTS when you sign up to follow me. What will they be? Click here to find out. If you like my work, please tell others and ‘like’ this page. Your kind comments make my day! You can also follow Paper Gifts for Estefany on…